WATCH: ‘The Indy Effect’
Influencer and blogger Terah Belle Jones broke the news to her Instagram followers that her 5-year-old daughter Indy Llew Jones had passed away following a battle with cancer.
Terah and her husband, Brian Jones, have shared Indy’s journey with their 260,000 Instagram followers. Indy was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare disorder that can progress into leukemia. Her cancer went into remission twice, but in April 2021 her mom confirmed that Indy’s cancer had returned and there wasn’t much more they could do.
In the weeks that followed, the family of four brought Indy home from the hospital and cherished every moment together, including celebrating her fifth birthday.
“I have never known this kind of pain but I’ve also never known this kind of triumph,” she wrote. “My Indy Llew has changed the world.” The effect Indy has left behind has been enormous. People around the globe have been touched by her incredible spirit and journey.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)