Opposing team helps Iowa softball player round the bases
DES MOINES, Iowa (KCCI) — Who doesn’t love a good sports moment that makes us realize it’s just a game and some things are bigger than sports?
The Grand View softball team saw that firsthand with something that hasn’t been seen very often.
The team was down 4-1 Saturday to Southeastern University when Clive native Kaitlyn Moses hit a grand slam to give the Vikings a 5-4 lead.
As she was rounding first on her way to second, she collapsed on the ground with an injury. Her teammates were stunned. But here is the rule: her teammates are not allowed to help her around the bases.
Instead, the opposing team decided to carry her around the bases so she could touch each base and score. They did this even though it gave Grand View the lead and ultimately the win.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)