Gov. Spencer Cox talks about the bills headed to his desk for a signature after his first legislative session as governor. Plus, the changes one group hopes to bring to BYU surrounding race, equity, and belonging.
Nearly a year into COVID, Dr. Emily Spivak from University of Utah Health talks about what the future of the pandemic looks like, and what the community should expect.
A bill the governor called one of the most important bills facing the Utah legislature this session would ban transgender girls from playing sports on K-12 school teams with other girls. We talk with one transgender advocate about why this bill goes beyond sports.
Doug Wright explores the potential impact on Utah families of Sen. Mitt Romney's proposed child allowance in the Family Security Act. He also takes a look at proposals making their way through the state legislative session - particularly those that would affect Utah's younger voters. Finally, the latest on Utah woman in politics.
Several bills have been proposed in the Utah state legislature, including one directed at putting a limit on anonymous campaign donations and raising Utah’s minimum wage over the span of several years.
The Utah legislature has been talking about several controversial bills, including one that would allow Utahns to carry a concealed weapon without a permit. We speak with one legislature who is against the bill.
It was an historic day for the country as Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were sworn in to the presidency and vice presidency. Even in those first days, a lot of work has begun. We look at what a Biden presidency looks like for Utah.
We head into this next week still with a lot of questions about what is next for our country and state. The inauguration set to take place this week, as well as the start of the virtual Utah legislative session.
As a nation, we try to reconcile the events at the US Capitol this week. Senator Mitt Romney joins us to discuss what is next.
A revised vaccine rollout plan now puts teachers closer to the front of the line to be vaccinated, all while the Utah legislature urges the Salt Lake City School District to return to in person learning, by withholding a bonus for those teachers. We talk with a member of the school board.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito (pageviews: 27603)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10554)
- FBI execute search warrant at Laundrie residence relevant to Gabby Petito investigation (pageviews: 10108)
- Possible evidence found in search for Gabby Petito (pageviews: 10037)
- Human remains discovered ‘consistent’ with description of Gabby Petito – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9496)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9412)
- Florida search for Gabby Petito's boyfriend suspended (pageviews: 9350)
- Police: Search for Laundrie concludes for the second day in wildlife reserve (pageviews: 9124)
- Search for key that will open mystery door at Utah State University – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8624)
Connect with KSL