Across the country, highway officials said people drove fewer miles last year than they have in 20 years, but traffic fatalities are up everywhere.
Last year brought some concerning statistics when it comes to injuries and deaths on Utah roads, but it also brought some encouraging numbers.
It's an awful feeling to be immobilized in your car on the side of a bustling highway, especially in snowy weather. UDOT shares why it's safest for drivers to remain in their vehicles if they find themselves in an emergency.
The “Move Over” law has been active in all 50 states since 2002, but according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, only about 30% of Americans are aware of it.
A 19-year-old woman walked away from a crash along North Ogden Canyon Road without a scratch, thanks to some quick thinking and what she feels saved her life – her seatbelt.
2020 has forced many to slow down and appreciate what we have in our lives. No one understands this more than Sarah Frei.
The Utah Highway Patrol is joining forces with law enforcement across the Western United States to ramp up seatbelt enforcement - and they're using some hilarious seatbelt "celebrities" to get out the message.
It won't be long before sidewalk shoveling and window scraping become a part of your daily routine. Here are a few things to prepare before you start driving during those winter conditions.
Pedestrian crashes and fatalities typically increase during the fall in Utah, but UDOT officials encouraged students to walk, bike or even scooter to school rather than drive to reduce the number of cars on Utah roads.
We’ve all seen the signs on the freeway that read, “Keep Right Except to Pass.” But how many people follow this rule?
KSL 5 TV Live
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)
Connect with KSL